In this busy and hectic world, sleep is only the thing that gives peace and rest. The quality of sleep we take daily matters a lot as it affects our overall health. The majority of people nowadays suffer from Insomnia and sleep disturbances, which eventually leave them feeling tired, stressed, and irritable. But the good news is that nature has its own ways of healing the problems. Thanks to essential oils, you might have smelled sandalwood essential oil in soap, perfume, or cream. Isn’t it a calming and soothing smell?
In this article, you will read how sandalwood essential oil works as a miracle for sleeping issues.
Understand The Meaning Of Insomnia
Let’s first discuss insomnia before delving deeply into the advantages of sandalwood essential oil. A common sleep disorder called insomnia is characterized by problems falling asleep, staying asleep, or waking up early. It is frequently accompanied by other symptoms such as daytime weariness, mood swings, and impaired cognitive function. Stress, worry, lifestyle choices, and underlying medical issues are just a few of the causes.
How To Use Sandalwood Essential Oil For Better Sleep?
1. Aromatherapy Diffusion: Put a diffuser with sandalwood essential oil in your bedroom after adding a few drops to it. Allow the calming scent to permeate the room to create a restful environment that is favorable to sleeping.
2. Bed Linen Spray: By adding a few drops of sandalwood oil to water, you may make your own handmade linen spray. Before going to bed, spray the bedding and pillows in your room with a peaceful fragrance.
3. Topical Application: Before going to bed, massage your wrists, neck, and temples with sandalwood essential oil that has been diluted in a carrier oil such as jojoba or coconut oil.
4. Bath Time Bliss: Sandalwood essential oil can be added in little amounts to your nighttime bath for a calming and enticing soak that gets you ready for bed.
5. Sleep-Enhancing Blends: You can create a special nighttime blend by combining sandalwood oil with other essential oils that aid in sleep, such as lavender, chamomile, or cedarwood.
Despite the fact that sandalwood essential oil is generally a safer option for most of us, it’s crucial to take the following safety measures:
- Whether you are a person with normal skin or sensitive skin, you must dilute sandalwood essential oil with other carrier oil when applying topically on the skin surface.
- Performing a patch test is always a good idea to check if you have an allergic reaction to the oil.
- You must talk to your healthcare professional if you are pregnant or nursing because it might have a bad impact if used carelessly.
There are many remedies for sleep cures, but no other works like natural ones. You should avoid taking any drugs or sleeping pills even if you are facing severe sleeping issues. Add sandalwood essential oil to your bedtime ritual, and you can experience a relaxing aroma, reduce stress, and achieve good sleep. Stress-relieving qualities and the capacity to promote and maintain sleep. Try this and let us know in the comment section about your experience because we all deserve a peaceful sleep at the end of the day.