Did you know that birds can be a nuisance to car owners? Some species such as crows and pigeons tend to poop on parked cars. This is because they are looking for a place to nest. If you own a car, you know how important it is to keep your car clean and shiny. After all, the look of your car will determine the impression of you when meeting new people. That’s why if you find birds are making your car their personal toilet, here are some tips on how to stop birds from pooping on your car.
How To Stop Birds From Pooping On My Car?
1. Remove the bird poop.
It is best to remove the bird poop right away. You don’t want to see a puddle of bird poop on your car because it can cause damage to your car’s paint or finish. You also don’t want to have birds as permanent tenants at your home, so you need to remove their poop from your car as soon as possible.
2. Use an air freshener that has a strong scent.
You can use an air freshener with the scent of ammonia in it to discourage birds from pooping on your car again. This will not only keep them off your car but will also make them think twice about coming back and pooping on your car again in the future.
3. Keep the windows clean and clear of debris at all times.
In order for birds to find nesting places, they need places where they can lay eggs and raise their young ones. That’s why you need to keep the windows clean and clear of any debris at all times so they won’t feel comfortable laying eggs in there or nesting their young ones in there either. If you do this, then you are sure that no birds will make it their home inside or outside of your house ever again!
4. Install bird guards on your car.
Bird guards are available in the market that you can install inside and outside of your car to keep birds out of it. This will also prevent them from nesting inside or outside of your car, and also prevent them from pooping on your car.
5. Use a bird repellent spray that is made specifically for cars.
If you want to be sure that birds will never poop on your car again, then you need to use bird repellent sprays that are made specifically for cars. These sprays have strong scents like ammonia so the birds won’t feel comfortable laying their eggs in there or nesting their young ones there either, and they won’t visit your house again either!
6. Use a bird deterrent light bulb.
This is another solution to stop birds from pooping on your car because it emits a bright light at night when the birds are trying to find nesting places where they can lay eggs and raise their young ones. The bright light makes it uncomfortable for them to stay there because they don’t want their eyesight affected by the bright light which is emitted by the light bulb at night time when they are looking for nesting places where they can lay eggs and raise their young ones during the night time hours.
Don’t Leave Food Out
- Don’t leave food out in your car. Birds will come and eat it, just like how a dog would when you leave out a bowl of food. It is important to keep this in mind so that you don’t make your car their toilet.
- Don’t feed birds outside your home as well. A bird can get used to the smell of food outside and think it is easy to access food if they see people eating outdoors.
- Keep birdseed for decorative purposes only and not for feeding birds as you might be attracting them with the smell of the seed or the color of its packaging.
- Don’t allow other animals such as cats or dogs to lick or eat bird droppings off your car because they will also get used to it and consider it as a source of food supply just like how you would treat scraps from your table that are left out for rats or mice to eat.
- Use a net to cover the car. If you want to use netting, make sure it is strong enough to keep birds away. If not, the net will be easily destroyed or torn by birds. You can also use a thick curtain or blanket.
- Hang it over the car’s windshield so that birds cannot perch on the car and poop on it.
- Use a bird-proof bird feeder on your window sill outside your home so that the birds have an alternative place to get food and stay away from your vehicle.
- Place small pieces of broken glass near parking spaces so that the birds cannot perch on your vehicle and poop on it.
- Use semi-transparent plastic sheeting with holes in it and hang from the edge of windows or doors with suction cups so that birds cannot perch on them and poop on them.
- Tape sticks of detergent along the edge of windows so that they are more difficult for birds to fly into cars and poop there.
Install An Audible Scare Device
- First, you will need to install a device called an audible scare device. This device is a small speaker that emits a very loud noise. This is an effective way to get rid of birds who are looking for a place to nest. The loud sound will scare off the birds, and they will find new places to sleep.
- You can also use this method with bird feeders as well. If you have installed a bird feeder near your car, the birds will feel attracted by it. Since they are hunting for food, they may be tempted to see what’s on top of the feeder that attracts them so much. Once they see what’s on top of it, they may decide to eat it and poop on your car instead of their own nest.
- You can also use this method with birdhouses as well if you have one in your yard that attracts birds from miles away because of its painted color or shape. Just place a birdhouse near your car and make sure no one else in your neighborhood has placed one nearby too for them to compete with each other for food and nest sites.
- You can also use this method with bird feeders as well if you have one in your yard that attracts birds from miles away because of its painted color or shape. Just place a birdhouse near your car and make sure no one else in your neighborhood has placed one nearby too for them to compete with each other for food and nest sites.
- Install an audible scare device near the bird feeder you’ve put up to keep the birds away from your car. This will prevent them from seeing the food they want on top of the feeder, which is what attracts them so much.
Birds are beautiful creatures, but they can be very destructive when they build nests in your car. If you want to keep your car clean, you need to prevent the birds from nesting in your car in the first place. You can do this by not leaving food out, using netting, installing an audible scare device, spraying fake poop, and using Bird B Gone. Once you do this, you can be sure that your car will be clean and shiny.