Are you left wondering how to make your eyes lighter? If, like most of us, you have darker eyes and are looking for a way to bring out their natural beauty, we’ve got you covered. You see, lighter-colored eyes aren’t something that everyone is born with. And if you have darker eyes like most Asians and Indians, it might not seem so obvious when you look at yourself in the mirror. But with the right tricks, anyone can make their eyes lighter without much effort! This article will help you find the answer to ‘how to make your eyes lighter. Let’s begin.
How To Make Your Eyes Lighter?
- Use a good eye cream with vitamin A.
- Add honey to your diet. Honey has been used for thousands of years as a natural remedy for treating the skin and the eyes. Honey is full of vitamins and minerals, which help in keeping the skin looking younger and healthier. Honey has also been known to reduce dark circles under your eyes.
- Eat bananas every day for their potassium content. Potassium is an essential mineral that keeps the blood vessels healthy and prevents any fluid retention or fluid build-up that can cause bags under your eyes. It is also known to stimulate collagen production, which keeps the skin firm, elastic and beautiful!
- Wear sunglasses if you have dark circles under your eyes. Sunglasses protect your eyes from harmful UV rays and help prevent further damage to the delicate skin around your eyes! Sunglasses also keep you looking younger by making you more awake and refreshed!
- Do not sleep with your head on the pillow. Sleeping with your head on a pillow can make it harder to wake up and can even cause you to snore. Try sleeping on an extra pillow or a bean bag instead.
- Exfoliate daily. The skin around your eyes is very delicate and prone to acne breakouts and scarring, so keep it looking fresh by exfoliating the area daily with a mild scrub!
- Drink water when you wake up in the morning. Water hydrates the skin and prevents any fluid retention that can cause bags under your eyes! It also keeps your skin clear of toxins that are harmful to the skin!
- Avoid smoking or drinking too much alcohol, which can cause skin dryness around your eyes. Both smoking and drinking too much alcohol dehydrate the skin, so drink plenty of water instead! You should also avoid anything else that may be dehydrating for you, such as caffeine, sugar, junk food, etc.
- Avoid using eye makeup that is too dark. Dark colors can make the skin around your eyes look older and more wrinkled. Avoid using heavy eye makeup that can cause skin dryness around your eyes!
- Apply a light moisturizer daily. If you want to keep your skin looking young and fresh, apply a light moisturizer daily. This will keep the skin around your eyes hydrated, soft, and supple!
To conclude, although the under-eye area may be prone to bags, wrinkles, and other signs of aging, there are many things we can do to help reduce these effects! So don’t be discouraged if you have bags under your eyes, as it is not something that will last forever! The best thing you can do for yourself is to drink plenty of water throughout the day!
How To Make Your Eyes Lighter With Foundation?
- Apply a light foundation or BB cream to your face.
- Apply concealer or powder to the areas around your eyes, nose, and forehead.
- The next step is to apply concealer or powder to your eyelids as well lightly.
- Blend the concealer/powder into the skin with a brush, sponge, or fingertips so that it’s evenly distributed throughout your eyelids and under the eye area.
- Next, apply an eyeshadow in a shade lighter than your natural eye color all over the lid area, but avoid using black shadows near the lash line as they make you look like a raccoon!
- Lastly, apply mascara on top of your eyelashes! This will make your eyes appear brighter and more awake.
- Lastly, add a tiny bit of blush to your cheeks to lighten them up a bit as well.
- You can also add a few blushes and/or highlighters in the inner corners of your eyes and on the apples of your cheeks to create a more defined eye area.
- Finally, apply some bronzer or highlighter in the hollows of your cheeks to brighten them up!
- Apply mascara on top of the bronzer/highlighter for a final touch!
More Tips To Lighten Up Your Dark Eyes
- Try using a dab of concealer on your eyelids to make them appear lighter.
- Use a concealer that is light in color on your eyelids and blend it well with your eyeshadow.
- Apply a bright-colored eyeshadow to the inner corners of your eyes and blend it with the rest of your eye makeup.
- Using two shades of brown shadow, apply the darker shade on top of the lighter shade and blend both colors until you reach the outer edges of your lids.
- If you are very pale, try applying a pale foundation (with SPF) all over your face, and then use a bronzer or highlighter to create more definition in your cheekbones and jawline areas instead!
- Using a dark-colored eyeliner, apply it on your top and bottom lash lines, but do not line your entire lid, or you’ll end up looking very creepy!
- Use bright-colored mascara to open up your eyes and make it look like you have more eyelashes than you do!
- If you have naturally dark eyes, try applying a light-colored eyeshadow on your lids to make them appear lighter and brighter. This will also help to open up the eye area if they are too close together! (oldmcmickys.com)
Dark eyes don’t need to be a cause for concern. You can always use makeup techniques to make them appear brighter and lighter. Try experimenting with different eye makeup looks, like wearing brighter colored shades and using blushes in light shades. (hotelfauchere.com) With a few simple tricks, you can make your eyes lighter and brighter in no time!
What is the best way to make dark eyes appear lighter?
The best way to make dark eyes appear lighter is to use light-colored eyeshadows and concealers, as well as blushes in light shades. Applying a bright-colored mascara can also help open up your eyes, so they look brighter. Lastly, applying a light foundation all over your face can help create more definition in the hollows of your cheeks.
Can my eyes look brighter and wider?
Yes! You can use makeup techniques to make your eyes appear brighter and wider. Try experimenting with different eye makeup looks, like wearing brighter colored shades and using blushes in light shades. Additionally, applying bright-colored mascara can help open up your eyes, so they look brighter. Applying a light foundation all over your face can also help create more definition in the hollows of your cheeks.
What color eyeshadow should I use to make my dark eyes appear lighter?
To make your dark eyes appear lighter, you should use a shade of eyeshadow that is lighter than your natural eye color. Additionally, avoid using black shadows near the lash line, as they can make you look like a raccoon! You can also add blushes and/or highlighters in the inner corners of your eyes and on the apples of your cheeks to create a more defined eye area.